Friday, May 23, 2008

John Harris (L) and Chris Knorr (R)

This is the third project I have been intimately involved with that was the recipient of historic tax credits, but it’s the first time I’ve been so involved in the owner’s perspective.

The approach our team has taken has been to encourage and promote effective communication particularly with the State Historic Preservation Representative (Chris Knorr, the assistant director) and the design/construct team.

People warned me how difficult this process would be (…not worth the time and money…etc. Well, these must be people that have a lot higher hourly rate than I! ….OK…my nephew is the personal assistant of a major photographer that has a day rate of over...(a huge amount...self editing working for a change) per day. That might have made this exercise too costly!).

Anyway…I hope you all get the point.

I sincerely believe that if it were not for this tax incentive program, 209 Capitol Street would be a surface parking lot.

No comments: